Friday, April 18, 2014

Day +142… Life goes on

4/18/14 – In a blink of an eye I have been back to work for 13 days. Sure there are times I am exhausted at the end of the day, but it is a good tired. There are moments when I feel like I never left. It is amazing how quickly we can get back to business as usual. I just feels so good to be back.

The great news for me continues to be that my health has been very good, my counts are where they should be and I have no signs any challenges (like GVHD).

With me feeling well I will not be updated this blog as often. I certainly will provide updates on any changes to my health, updates on scans, status on receiving immunizations, and anything else that I think there will be interest in hearing about.

There is no doubt that I have been very blessed with a stem cell transplant that has gone very smoothly.

With today being Good Friday I would like to acknowledge all of the great people who have made sacrifices for us.

For God so loved the world that he gave  his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.
John 3:16

More to come…


4 comments:

Lynn(e) said...

I found your blog last year helping research for a friend diagnosed with MCL. Today my friend is +4 SCT and I remembered your blog. Just read through all your posts from the day of your transplant. Praise The Lord you are doing so well! Thank you for keeping up with the entries.

Rich Franco said...

Hi Lynn(e),
Thank you for your kind words. I hope and pray your friend is doing well. It is so true, I have so much to praise the Lord for.
Peace to you and your family and friends.
Rich

Lynn(e) said...

Hi Rich,
My friend, Gordon, is really having a hard time with the chemo side effects. He is mostly struggling with mucositis. We are praying hard for him. Stories like yours are encouraging because it makes me view the other side of this illness.

Blessings to you on this resurrection Sunday!
Lynne

Rich Franco said...

Hi Lynne,
I am so sorry your friend Gordon is having a hard time. It is hard to think about the light at the end of the tunnel when you feel like crap but I will say after going through chemo twice (2008 and 2014) and then having a stem cell transplant that there will be good and bad days. This is a journey that travels across a bumpy, but passable road. I know in my heart that Gordon will be fine. In another few months he will be looking back what he went through and how he beat cancer and feel great about himself. Tell Gordon that I will be praying for him.
May the Peace of Christ be with you and Gordon,
Rich