Sunday, May 31, 2015

Cycle 2 Treatment Complete… with another trip to the ER

5/31/15 – I received my chemo treatments for cycle 2 on May 26 – 28. For some reason at the end of my last day of chemo, and a couple of days that follow, I get the feeling of being bloated. This leads to a loss of appetite and feeling nauseous.

On May 29th I worked from home. Although I felt good throughout the day, I was pretty exhausted at the end of the day and continued to feel bloated and have a loss of appetite.

On Saturday morning, May 30th I had to be back at the cancer center for my Neulasta shot. After I received my shot my wife and I figured we were so close to her sister’s house that we would pick up coffee and donuts and stop by for a visit. Unfortunately this plan didn’t go so well. While we were standing outside saying hello I felt weak and I passed out. Before I knew what was happening an ambulance showed up and I was on my way back to the hospital. After a few hours of receiving fluids and being checked out in the Emergency Room I was released. It seems that this latest passing out episode was due to dehydration. I need to do a better job at keeping my nourishment up. No matter how the chemo makes me feel I need to drink plenty of water and make sure I keep up my strength.

There is no doubt that I have a knack to keep things interesting. 

But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
John 4:14

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Janet Kohler said...

So sorry for the bumps you are having. It's hard to eat and drink when we don't feel like it. Organic Valley protein drinks got me through the roughest times. High protein and they tasted good to me. Stay positive and keep up the fight! Prayers for you.

Rich Franco said...

Hey Janet, Thanks for the eating tip. I think I will give the Organic Valley protein drinks a try. Rich