Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cycle 3 begins early

6/17/15 – Today I started my 3rd cycle 5 days ahead of schedule. The thought with jumping into my treatment a little early is that it will give me a longer recovery period and hopefully help me meet my goal of being at my daughter Jill’s wedding with plenty of energy. I truly appreciate that Dr. Goy and team are working towards helping me achieve personal goal as well as health goals. I believe it is extremely important that I take every opportunity to live life and not allow my health challenges to keep me away from life’s big events.  

After this cycle I will be having a PET scan which is scheduled for July 6th. Depending on the results of the scan there is a chance that I may not need a 4th cycle. This would allow me to have the DLI sooner than we had planned. This, of course, would be awesome.
DLI (donor leukocyte infusion). This is an infusion in which lymphocytes from the original stem cell donor are infused, after the transplant, to augment an anti-tumor immune response or ensure that the donor stem cells remain engrafted. These donated white blood cells contain cells of the immune system that can recognize and destroy cancer cells.

Certainly I have a lot to look forward to. This again makes it clear to me just how powerful it is to believe, have faith, have trust in God and prayer, and to never lose hope.

Here is a YouTube link to a great song about hope. "My Hope is You" sung live by Third Day.

You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor.
Job 11:18-19

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

No comments: