Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My Scan Results Are In

7/8/15 – On Monday, July 6th I had a check-up appointment which resulted in me needing fluids due to continued lightheadedness I have been experiencing. This is often caused by dehydration or low blood pressure. The fluids were given as a precaution. Also, later in the day I was scheduled for my first PET scan since I started treatments. I received the results of my scans the next day, Tuesday, July 7th. The hope was that I would be able to bypass my 4th treatment and go straight to getting the DLI. Well… this was not the case. Although my scans showed good improvement, it was not enough for me to be given pass on my 4th cycle. 

I did learn of the plan that is in place for me for the next month (which includes the goal for me to be at my daughter’s wedding with plenty of strength and energy). The plan is as follows:
  • Monday, July 20th – Follow-up check up to make sure my counts are in a good place. Later on this day I will be meeting with the Transplant Team to discuss my upcoming DLI
  • Friday, July 24th – My daughter’s wedding
  • Monday, July 27th through Wednesday, July 29th – I receive my 4th cycle of chemotherapy
  • Monday, August 3rd – I receive my DLI with cells that have been saved from my Stem Cell Transplant which was back in November of 2013. 
So the good news is that treatments are working.
The less than great news is that I need another cycle of treatment. 
More good news is that the DLI is within reach and this should further improve my ability to fight my MCL.

So the plan for my next month is in place. I just need to do what my doctors ask me to do. I am very confident that all will be fine. Especially with all the prayers that are being said on my behalf. I have gotten through my treatments back in 2008. I made it through my 2013 relapse with the help of Ibrutinib and a Stem Cell Transplant. I will get through my current relapse with my chemo treatments, DLI and CART. 
Most important... None of this is possible without the healing powers of God.  

Here is another YouTube link great song I would like to share with you. 
It's called "Keep Making Me" by the Sidewalk Prophets. Enjoy!

Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses.
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psalm 107: 19-21

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Positive thoughts and prayers on their way.
Joanne Ploch

Lauren Roth said...

Hi Mr. Franco, my dad just forwarded me your blog. I am sending you prayers and love and you go through this next phase. You and my dad are both so incredible, I am constantly amazed by your strength. Best of luck to your daughter, have a blast at the wedding :)

Rich Franco said...

Hi Joanne,
I am very appreciative of your continued support and prayers.
Rich

Rich Franco said...

Hi Lauren,
This has been a crazy ride with MCL but one of the positives has been getting to know your dad. He has be a great friend and support to me. It seems that we have taken on the same treatments around the same time (with your dad always weeks to a month ahead of me). Your dad in always in my thoughts and prayers and I just know that both you dad and me will be just fine. I am looking forward to see your folks at the next “Celebrate Life and Liberty”. I hope your dad and I are feeling well enough to perform.
I am very much looking forward to my daughter Jill’s wedding. It will be a great day and I plan to be there with plenty of strength and energy to help her celebrate her big day. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.
Rich