Saturday, February 27, 2016

Another Quick Platelet Update


2/27/16 – I must say this process of figuring out what’s up with my platelets is pretty slow moving. My platelets had continued to trend down in recent weeks but now all of a sudden they jumped to 46. No one really can explain it at this point other than it could have something to do with my weekly IVIG’s and NPlate Shots.I'm sure that in time we will get to the bottom of this.

As a precautionary thing, I had a Bone Marrow Biopsy yesterday. Hopefully it will come back clear but it may shed some light on things and even show if there are any other under lying issues that may be driving my counts other than the ITP.

I will be back at the cancer center on Monday, February 29th for another IVIG.

This is back to my need to be patient with the process and trust in God that things will eventually be all resolved.

I would be remiss not to mention just how wonderful all the nurses have been at the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center. They are all compassionate, caring, kind, understanding, friendly and great healers.

When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
Matthew 14:14

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Alan said...

Rich, I've not checked in on your blog for quite sometime, until today. I've caught up today on the "adventures" and it looks like you've been through the ringer. Whilst this may be the case, your positivity just shines through. Get well soon, keep us updated and hug those you love. Big positive thoughts from down under. Alan

Rich Franco said...

Hi Alan, It is always so great to hear from you. How are things down under? Yeah, it has been an interesting year for sure but I have made through with just a few bumps and bruises. It's great that I am back in remission but this platelet thing has caused delays for my next important steps of immunotherapy with PD-1. The way I see it is the attack is two fold. 1. Get rid of the disease. 2. Find a way to keep it away. I believe the PD-1 will help greatly with item 2. But this all take patience and keeping a positive attitude. So as I go through a bump here and a bump there I just take things a days at a time. And on days where I need a boost I simply pick up my guitar and Rock out. It is then that all is absolutely fantastic with the world. I hope all is well with you and your family. Thanks!!! Rich