Monday, March 21, 2016

Each day seems to bring something new

3/21/16 – The last few updates to my blog have been difficult because it seems each day brings something new and it is hard to carry one topic into another. My blood counts have taken a new direction of late. My platelets are actually gradually increasing. I was at 67 today. The issue is my white blood cell, red blood cell and hemoglobin have been dropping. This is causing me to be weak and tired most of the time. I am able to keep myself productive… as long as I keep moving. The problem is when I am not active the tiredness takes over and I have to fight myself from falling asleep. This also causes my legs to be very weak.

We have decided to not take any action at this point and simply allow this to fester to see what happens over the next few weeks.

We are planning to have another bone marrow biopsy the first week of April to see if the MDS from the last test is something to be concerned with… or not.

With today’s update along with PD-1, ITP and anything else I may have left out… I have many balls in the air. I just need to keep hopeful, faithful and positive.

the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
Psalm 147:11

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying always for you and the family, Rich, and wishing you all a peaceful and Blessed Easter ... XO :)

Rich Franco said...

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your continued prayers and a Very Happy Easter to you and your family.

Rich