Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Bone Marrow Biopsy Results Are In

4/20/16 – Over that last few weeks my counts have been awesome. My platelets have gone from 97 to 123 to 126 to 137. I couldn’t have asked for more. With everything trending towards good news the thinking of those a heck of a lot smarter than me was that I should have nothing to worry about with my latest bone marrow biopsy (taken on April 8th). 

Well the one wild card is that this is me and when have I ever followed what was supposed to happen?

I heard from Dr. Rowley today via a phone call and I was told that the test results again showed positive for MDS (Myelodysplastic syndrome). This certainly was not the news I wanted to hear. I did not get many details. I’m sure we will get into this when we meet face to face at my next check up on Thursday, April 28th. Dr. Rowley did say that with my counts being so good that there was no reason to rush into anything and if my counts stayed good we could hold off doing anything for about 3 to 6 months… and at that time I will have another bone marrow biopsy to see where things stand.

So now I just need to keep positive, have faith and keep the hope.

Here is a YouTube link to a great song by Rend Collective called “Joy of the Lord”. It is a wonderful song for keeping my focus on what matters.
Enjoy!!!

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

No comments: