Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Time to Thrive - What a Difference a Year Makes

8/21/16 – I had an appointment at the cancer center this past Friday and I am thrilled to say that all my blood counts were… as crazy as it might sound…. NORMAL. Just a year ago I was being put through the mill. WOW!!! What a difference a year makes. 

If you think about it, at this point it makes very little sense to waste time thinking about the past. My focus now needs to be on the future… which is looking bright.

Here is some food for thought. Although people who had cancer and are now blessed with the gift of good health are often referred to as “survivors”, is that what we want to do… survive???
Heck No!!!!  
In my opinion God wants us to do so much more than just survive…
He wants us to THRIVE!!!!

That is what I plan to do.  

Here is a link to a great song by Casting Crowns called “Thrive” that brings home this point.

Enjoy!

My next follow up appointment is on 9/19 with Dr. Goy and on 9/28 I will have a bone marrow biopsy to revisit where I stand with MDS.

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.
Psalm 1:1-3


4 comments:

Joanne Ploch said...

WHOOOHOOO!!!! Amen!

Rich Franco said...

Hey Joanne,
I couldn't say it any better. Thanks for all your support.
Rich

Anonymous said...

We serve an awesome God! So happy for you. Live on and THRIVE,

Janet Kohler

Rich Franco said...

Hey Janet,

We sure do! God is GOOD, God is GREAT!!!

I hope all is well with you.

Thanks,

Rich