Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Counts Rebound

5/12/15 – There is a reason why chemo treatments are referred to as cycles…. It is because you literally experience a cycle. First you get the chemo… then your counts drop… then you counts rebound… then you are ready to begin your next chemo cycle.  
Today at my checkup my counts completely rebounded… as everyone expected they would.
•          My platelet count went from 6 to 60.
•          My white blood cell count went from 0.6 to 8.3.
•          My neutrophil count went from 0 to 4.9.
This is certainly great progress for me. Now I feel that I am ready for my 2nd cycle which is scheduled to start on Tuesday, May 26th I start my 2nd cycle.

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope
Romans 5:3-4

More to come…


http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

John said...

Great to hear Rich! Good to have some good counts! Loved those.... there are enough of the lows, but you know how to bounce back!!

thoughts and prayers,
john

Rich Franco said...

Thanks John, Yes, the counts always seem to come back. It is while they are low that there is anxiety of what may happen. I truly work hard at being positive but my family and friends are all well well aware of the types of things I have encountered during these low count periods and they just can't help them selves from worrying. Saying this, I have been given the go ahead for my next cycle. As the title of the travelling Broadway play my daughters were on a world tour for goes... "Bring It On". Thanks!!! Rich