Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Quick Health Update - Back in the hospital

8/26/15 – As a follow-up to my hospital stay last week… I had an appointment at the Cancer Center on Monday, August 24th. I am sure it wouldn't surprise you that I would encounter a challenge or two. With this visit my heart rate ran a low 30. At one point I actually had an episode where I passed out in the hospital bathroom. I had a team of doctors work on me, perform CPR, pound on my chest and get me back to consciousness. It would seem that it was most likely due to a too high dosage of the steroids I am on called prednisone that is for managing GVHD. It does appear that everything is starting to stabilize. I am hoping that I will be discharged over the next few days.

Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.
Psalm 30:2

More to come…


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rich, I just checked in to see that you have been a busy guy. I am sure I am the only who will say, great you have gvhd. Now let's just keep that to a minimum, ok? Prayers that the prednisone is kind to you, and you are now on your way to that cure! Praying for you.

Rich Franco said...

Hey Anonymous,
Oh, keeping the GVHD I something we plan to keep in check. The past two weeks have been a little exhausting but I am thinking it is all for a good reason and the beginning of what will lead to a cure. Thank You for your continued support and prayers.
Rich

Unknown said...

😏 I am the Annonymous. I am just not real accomplished with these websites!
Janet Kohler

Rich Franco said...

Hey Janet, No worries. I certainly appreciate all your support.
Thanks!
Rich