Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Waiting is the Hardest Part

9/23/15 – On Tuesday, September 22nd I had another great appointment with our nurse practitioner from the transplant team. My CMV is gone and I have been taken off of Valcyte.

Also, I have been taken off of prednisone. Now that I am off of prednisone we are in a “wait and see” mode where we are looking for signs of GVHD to appear. As soon as I see signs of it I am to take a picture of the rash and send it to our nurse practitioner. If we do not see signs of GVHS we will then move forward with a DLI in the late September/early October time frame.

Also, I am now off the heart monitor. I have a follow up with my heart doctors on October 5th.

Other than that I have a PET scan scheduled on October 1st with a follow up with Dr. Goy on October 8th. Understanding where I stand with my MCL is critical for the go forward plan. There is certainly more to come on this. I wish I could fast forward through the next week and a half. This is where it is best for me to be patient. I’ll just make sure I take this time to enjoy life and not worry. It’s back to having Faith, Hope and Belief in God.

Here is a link to a great song by Chris Tomlin called “On Our Side”. It stresses how God is truly on our side. Enjoy!

What then shall we say to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:31

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich, you are so right. Waiting is the hardest part. For me, it is the truest test of faith. I am waiting on results of my one year tests. I will pray for some mild GVHD symptoms. And for good scans and lots of peace as you wait!

Janet

Rich Franco said...

Hey Janet,
Boy would it be great to get some GVHD without needing a DLI.
My prayers are coming your way for you to have great results with your one year tests.
Thanks for your continued support.

Rich

Renata said...

Hi Rich! I'm checking you blog often for updates, as you can tell by the visits coming from Brazil in your stats. We are missing you and rooting for you.

Rich Franco said...

Hey Renata,

It is so great to hear from you. I am missing everyone also.

Over the past week I feel myself getting stronger. Of course I have not had any treatments which are usually what cause me to not feel well.

I had my scans yesterday and expect to hear the results today. So, I guess today is a big day. I'll see if my disease is smaller, bigger or completely gone. Based on what is returned with the test results will dictate what's next for me.

On Monday I go back to the heart doctor. with that I expect to hear my heart is fine.

Dr. Goy, my oncologist, had to go home to France for a family emergency so my appointment with him has been moved to October 13th. I probably will not know a complete plan until then.

Thank you for rooting me on. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Rich