Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Follow-up Appointments

11/14/08 – I had a follow-up appointment today where my blood cell counts were checked. All my counts look good.

11/18/08 - I had another follow-up appointment and again my blood counts look good. My White blood cell counts are low (.4) but that is expected at this point. Also, my test for the C Def infection came back negative so I guess the antibiotics are working.

Tomorrow I will have a CT Scan and a PET Scan. This will show what progress has been made with the shrinking of my tumors and how close to full remission I am. The results will most likely determine if I need 6 or 8 treatments (I am in treatment 4 now). It seems Dr. Goy is already leaning toward 8 treatments but you never know. I will, of course, follow whatever he decides.

I have had a few days in a row where I am feeling strong. I hope this continues through Thanksgiving. On that note, I ask you to remember that the word “Thanksgiving” is a word of action. I am very thankful for all the people who are supporting me, praying for me, and keeping me in their thoughts. Even with my illness I feel I am very lucky.

More to come…


http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

No comments: