Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Future is Looking Bright

6/5/09 – I had my CT Scan today. I have an appointment with Dr. Feldman to get my results on Tuesday, June 9th. I am feeling very strong. I just want to hear the words that I am still in remission. I wish I could fast forward time to June 9th and hear my results.

"Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. Discipline yourselves, keep alert. Like a roaring lion your adversary the devil prowls around, looking for someone to devour. Resist him, steadfast in your faith…… And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, support, strengthen, and establish you." (1 Peter 5: 7-10)
6/9/09 – Today was a very good day. I had an appointment with Dr. Feldman (Dr. Goy is in Europe sharing all of his excellent work and practices with the medical community around the world… what a great guy!). I was informed that my CT scan was 100% clear and that there is absolutely no sign of any enlarged lymph nodes. I am still in remission. Also, I am not showing any residual effects of my chemo therapy treatments. This is great news. I feel like I am back to full strength. Sure I need to exercise more… but who doesn’t? My scans were so clear that my next scans do not need to include a PET scan. It just needs to be a CT scan. I will only need a PET scan if there are ever any signs of enlarged lymph nodes in the future. My next CT scan is scheduled for Wednesday, September 9th, 2009. I have an appointment to review my scan results with Dr. Goy on Friday, September 11th, 2009.

My future is definitely looking brighter.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
I will update this blog again after my September 11th appointment with Dr. Goy.

More to come…


http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have mantel cell Lymphoma and have been monitored for 5 years. My doctor has been preparing me for in hospital treatment for some time. The problem with chemo is that remission doesn't last very long, then more extreme treatment is required. I monitor the nodes in my neck and over the course of the winter they were enlarging more rapidly than in the past. Progression was definitely happening. I have a research doctor friend who gave me a health and wellness product to try. It is not for sale now, but will be coming to market in October. It is not a scheduled drug, but an organic juice containing powerful ingredients, with some that have been shown by clinical research to kill leukemia cells. So here's the good news for me. I have been taking the juice for 4 weeks and the nodes that I monitor have shrunk by 50% or more. I have regained my strength and vitality and my digestive system has returned to normal. My side pain from an enlarged spleen has completely receded. I can only say the product is the pro generator of what seems to be a substantial remission of symptoms. Each day the nodes seem to shrink more. I am now a zealot of the juice and if you are interested in trying it please contact me-mahpc@aol.com. My next CT scan is at the end of July and I, like you, am looking forward to seeing very positive changes.

Rich Franco said...

Hi, Thanks for you insights. At this point in my treatment I am honestly not interested in any “natural” or “miracle” cures/drugs. My preference is to stay close to the great medical research that is being done on MCL. I have a lot of confidence in my doctors and my treatments. The entire purpose of HYPER CVAD with Velcade is to get the patient a long term, if not permanent remission. So far the results are extremely promising. Everyone I know of in my study has reached full remission. Also, I know that there is data showing excellent results of long term remissions with earlier treatments. I encourage anyone who has MCL to take the time to look into the great work that Dr. Goy has been doing at Hackensack University Medical Center, as well as the work being done at M.D. Anderson in Houston, Texas. Thank you again for your post.

Lucinda said...

Sounds so wonderful Rich, I am super thrilled to hear your good news.
I wish for you a future free from this lymphoma again!

Woo hoo! this made my night...I thought about you on the way home from grad school (I passes McDonald's and thought of Sue & the girls delighting in its late hours)
:) Now I can sleep ...Laura M.