Monday, April 8, 2013

End of My First 21 Day Cycle on Ibrutinib

4/8/13 – Today is the last day of my first 21 day cycle on Ibrutinib  and I must say that I still feel great and have experienced no side effects whatsoever. I will be at the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center tomorrow to begin cycle 2. As with the beginning of cycle 1, this will include the pharmacokinetic testing (known as PK sampling). PK samples will be taken at Pre-dose , 1 hours after dosing, 2 hours after dosing, and 4 hours after dosing.

Update on my bone marrow/stem cell transplant: I am still waiting for insurance to give the go ahead to begin testing for donors. I have to believe I will hear something soon. 

The more I read about the transplant the more excited I get. Could this be the path I need to take to be cured of Mantle Cell Lymphoma? I, of course, cannot say for sure but it sure seems very promising.  

“Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 3:12-14 

More to come…

2 comments:

cyndi said...

I continue to follow your progress and decision making. The news sounds good!

I linked your blog from mine and my stats show that people are clicking over to your blog. What I am finding interesting is this month I have had more hits for MCL than any past month. Makes you wonder . . .

Keep writing!
cyndi
http://advocateofhope.wordpress.com

Rich Franco said...

Hi Cyndi,

Thank you so much for continuing to follow me. It truly blows me away to see how many people are interested in my health journey.

Rich