Thursday, October 2, 2008

Home from Cycle 3 (2A)

9/30/08 – I returned home from the hospital this evening. The hospital stay went very smoothly and I am feeling well. My cycle 3 (2A) now will begin my 16 days of home care and outpatient visits.

10/1/08 and 10/2/08 – As with my last two hospital stays I am feeling a little tired and weak my first couple of days at home. I expect to get more energetic over the next couple of days.

While in the Hospital my niece Lauren visited. She told me that she and some of her friends ran in the “2008 – 15th Annual Newport – Liberty Water Front Run” on September 28th and represented me and my fight with Mantle Cell Lymphoma. They collected donations from friends and family for Dr. Goy’s foundation in the amount of $3400.00.

Lauren also gave me a shirt as I gift that says:

F.A.I.T.H. – Fighting Against Illness Through Him
I have the courage to fight cancer because I believe.
Winning the fight and staying mentally strong, I will prevail!
BECAUSE OF JESUS… I BELIEVE!

This is more evidence on how lucky I am.

More to come…


http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Buck said...

Hey Rich,

It’s great to hear that everything is going so well with your treatments. God has really put you in an awesome place with this web Blog and Hospital stays to share the good news about Jesus Christ.
An evangelist came to my church in August, and it has spurred an excitement in me to be more active in sharing my faith. This can be very uncomfortable, but God we know that God is with us.
Mark Cahill is the evangelist /author I mentioned above. I read his first book,” One Heartbeat Away”, and I thought that it was so well written that I bought a case of them and give them to people as God leads me. This book brings hope to the atheists, and to all other’s an understanding of the Bible; God’s plan of salvation. This is a great book to read and share with unbelievers.
The second book is “One Thing You Can’t Do In Heaven”, which is a motivational book for the believer that prepares us to step out of our comfort zone and share the hope that we have in Christ with others. I put both books in the mail to your home today.
This sounds crazy, but I’m so excited for you! God is going to use you more powerfully through this struggle and draw you closer to himself than he ever has before, and through it all, lives and hearts are going to turn to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ.
Rich, I know that you are faithful to the call that God has on your life and I pray this blessing on you and your family:
May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord make his face shine upon you, may the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Your brother in Christ
Mark (Buck) Edeen