Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Quick Update - 10/7/08

10/3/08 - 10/5/08 (days 8 -10 of the 21 day cycle) - I have had a few days where I have been weak and tired. I seem to get stronger each day which seems to be the trend I hit after getting released from the hospital.

10/6/08 (day 11 of the 21 day cycle) - I had an outpatient visit. It included a quick chemo push and a blood test. My blood looked good except for my white blood cell count which was 0.1. This is expected but it also means I need to be careful of who and what I am in contact with. My wife gives me Neupogen shots each day to help build up my counts. History tells us that I should be back to normal counts in a couple of days. The interesting thing with this period of the cycle is that the times when I start to feel strong I can not be around people due to my compromised immune system. I guess it is just one of those things.

My next appointment when I get my blood tested is 10/10/08. If all goes well we will start planning for my next cycle (4=2B) which can begin within a week from then (10/17).

More to come...

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

No comments: