Friday, December 12, 2008

Remission Accomplished

12/12/08 –I had an appointment today to check my blood counts, review my scans and begin the out patient treatment of my next chemo treatment (treatment 5/Cycle 3A). This was a very good day... I received great news. I am now considered to be in full remission and my tumors have again shrunk significantly. Dr. Goy was thrilled to give us this wonderful information. His go forward plan for me will be to have me scanned after treatment 6/cycle 3B and if the results continue to be excellent he will stop my treatments there being he would have achieved his goals. If my treatments stay on schedule treatment 6/cycle 3B should begin early January. In addition, Dr Goy expects that I will be able to get through treatments 5 and 6 without getting infections.

I know I still have 2 more treatments to go through but I want to thank everyone for all the prayers and support I have received from you. I truly believe that I would not have made it this far without my faith and your prayers and support.

I will be going into the hospital tomorrow for the inpatient portion of treatment 5/cycle 3A. The plan is for me to be in the hospital 12/13 through 12/16.

More to come…


http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock on Rich.. and Praise God