Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cycle 6/3B Follow Up Appointment

02/03/09 – I had a follow up appointment with Dr. Goy today. My white blood counts already started to drop. They are at .8. A normal count runs between 4.0 and 12.0. Being I am in day 9 of my 21 day cycle this is a little early for this drop but there really isn’t any cause for concern as long as I do not run any fevers. My platelets have also dropped. They are at 37. Again there is no cause for concern. If they get much lower there is a chance they will want to give me blood and platelet transfusions. Dr. Goy would much prefer to see my body respond on its own.

I continue to be in IV antibiotic at home. The hope with these is to keep any infections away.

Once I get past my low white blood count (neutropenic) period the next big thing for me will be to have my PET and CT scans. This will give a status once and for all as to if I am still in remission and if this was indeed my last chemo cycle. Dr. Goy is very confident that I will get favorable results.

My next follow up appointment is scheduled for Friday, February 6th.

More to come…

No comments: