Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home from Treatment 6/Cycle 3B

01/31/09 – I am home from my 6th and hopefully my final chemo treatment. Although I am feeling very tired, I am also feeling great at the same time and I can not tell you how great it is to be home. My treatment went off without a hitch. Today makes day 6 of my 21 day cycle. I typically run into infections between days 12 and 15 (February 6 through February 10). I sure hope that I can get through this period without an infection for a change. I just need to keep positive.

I do have to say that I left the hospital with mixed feelings. YES, I hope I am done and that I am now on my road back to a normal life. I must also say that I feel a little sadness. The nurses and the hospital staff have been so good to me over my treatments and infections that I will truly miss them. Their commitment and passion toward getting people through difficult times is simply amazing. As I left today I offered my assistance for the future. To help speak with people in a similar situation, visit with patients who are not as lucky as me to have such great family and friends and to maybe even bring my guitar and guitar buddies to entertain during certain times of the year. All my nurse friends were glad to hear this and said I was welcome to return anytime as long as it was as a visitor and not as a patient.

I guess my next big challenge is to stay in remission. I am sure that the next steps for me will be to get a better understanding of what the future holds for me and what my on going follow up regiment will be.

My next follow up appointment with Dr. Goy is scheduled for Tuesday, February 3rd.

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

No comments: