Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Time to be Thankful

11/25/15 – Last year on Thanksgiving Day I celebrated my 1 year anniversary of my stem cell transplant. As I approach my 2nd anniversary (or what many consider my 2nd birthday) it is very clear that so much has happened over the past year. Yes, I relapsed… Yes, I had challenges handling my chemo therapy… and Yes, I am still waiting for any type of sign that shows I have an immune system that can fight my mantle cell lymphoma if it tries to come back again.

BUT… I am alive to fight another year… and although this past year has been a road full of many bumps, there were also many fantastic times along the way. And Yes, although there were times that I was sick and weak from treatments, it was always amazing how my family and friends were always there for me, my wife and my daughters.

And with all this said, I am in full remission, I have returned to work and I am living my life as a happy and healthy person. It is times like these that makes you appreciate each day as a wonderful gift. It is important that we live life a day at a time… better yet, we live life a moment at a time… making the best of each moment.  

I am truly very blessed to have such a loving and supportive wife… and daughters who are willing to drop everything and be by my side. I certainly have a life where I am surrounded by love. True I have been fighting MCL for over 7 years, but I can say without any hesitation that God has been very good to me. I have so much to be thankful for.

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

God truly loves us all. Here is a link to a song called “How He Loves” by the David Crowder Band that I think you will enjoy.

Come, let us sing joyfully to the LORD; cry out to the rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with a song of praise, joyfully sing out our psalms.
For the LORD is the great God, the great king over all gods,
Psalms 95:1-3

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

No comments: