Thursday, December 17, 2015

A GVHD Sighting

12/17/15 – I had my follow up appointment at the Cancer Center today and, believe it or not, I am showing some signs of a GVHD rash. My forehead, cheeks and neck are the most impacted areas. I will have to say my neck is the worst part because it is so darn itchy. The plan is to hold off on DLI for a few weeks to see if the rash will move to my whole body. If it does, it is not likely I will need another DLI anytime soon. Also it will mean that my GVHD will need to be treated. When and if, the full rash appears I will be prescribed prednisone.

Another big event of today is that we resumed my immunizations. I received 5 shots which included DTap, Hib, Hepatitis B, Polio and PCV13. These were all scheduled as 15 month immunizations. I guess it’s better late than never. The good news is I am getting back on track with the SCT plan from 2013.

Lastly, I have been contacted by  Bristol-Myers Squibb this week to advise me that they received all the paper work from our appeal. They will be reviewing it to see if they can approve me. I should hear back from them within a week.

All and all this was a great day. I am looking forward the a great Christmas and Holiday season.

Here is a link to a great song by the David Crowder Band call “Go Tell it on the Mountain”.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uY7W1kYlX4

Also here is a link to Matt Maher singing “Silent Night”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAxgOvJh-Tg

This should help get you in the Christmas Spirit. Enjoy!!!

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

More to come…

No comments: