Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day +38

1/4/14 – It appears that controlling my Creatinine level will take more than me drinking massive quantities of water. The results from yesterday’s check-up have my counts going in the wrong direction. My meds have been adjusted and hopefully that will help puts thing in the right direction but I was told that if that doesn't work I will need to start getting IV fluids at home. This would mean that I would need a PICC line installed. Getting a PICC line has always been something that was a possibility in the case that I needed to address any challenges that may come my way in the course of my post stem cell transplant. I am certainly willing to do whatever my medical professionals prescribe.

So you may be wondering exactly what is Creatinine and why it is an issue?

Creatinine is a breakdown product of creatine phosphate in muscle, and is usually produced at a fairly constant rate by the body (depending on muscle mass). It is measured in mg/dl. The normal range falls within 0.3 to 1.5 mg/dl. My latest test returned a Creatinine level of 2.0. This level is significant because it is an important indicator of renal health/kidney function.

Other than my Creatinine levels I am feeling well

My next appointment at the Cancer Center is Monday, January 6th.

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2:14

More to come…

http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Cathlyn said...

Sounds like just a small adjustment in meds needed for creatine levels. We had several family members with this issue for years. Up one week and down the next. I will hope don't have to get a picc line - though they seem to be handy for administering meds quickly. One had one for a while but it was later removed. Here is hoping for some great stuff and good health comes your way in 2014! Cheers and thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Rich Franco said...

Cathlyn,

So far I have been spared the PICC Line. Hopefully this will continue.

Thanks again!

Rich