Friday, January 23, 2009

Final Treatment, Take Two

01/21/09 – I went to Hackensack to get another IV dose of antibiotics for the rare bacteria found in my PICC line. I also had my Platelets checked. They are now at 86. I have to believe that I will be able to start my last chemo treatment pretty soon.

01/23/09 – Today I had another IV dose of antibiotics for the rare bacteria found in my PICC line. Being I am doing well the doctors decided that today’s dose would be my last one. I still will be on IV antibiotics at home for the staff infection for about another week.

My platelets were checked again and are now at 95. Being this is so close to 100 I have been tentatively scheduled to begin my last treatment on Monday, January 26th as an out patient and to be in the hospital Tuesday, January 27th through Saturday, January 31st. This all hinges on me having a platelet count of 100 on Monday. My doctors are pretty certain that I should be able to get there but of course we will not know for sure until we see it for sure. Dr. Goy believes that exercise helps increase platelets so I plan on spending a lot of time on my stationary bike the next couple of days.

As I am preparing to embark on what I hope to be my last treatment and hopefully a road to good health, I think it is important that I take time to ask for God’s help for a successful final treatment.

Lord, look upon me with eyes of mercy, may your healing hand rest upon me, may your lifegiving powers flow into every cell of my body and into the depths of my soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring me to wholeness and strength for service in your Kingdom. Amen.
More to come…


http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

No comments: