Friday, August 15, 2008

Follow Up Outpatient Treatment

8/13/08 - I am starting to get my strength back. I had a great day of working from home, exercising and activities. My friend Larry stopped by for a visit. He asked if I have played my guitar since this whole journey started... I haven't. He gave me a new assignment. I need to play the guitar each day for at least 10 minutes. Music is a great healing tool for sure and I think I will tackle this new assignment with much enthusiasm.

Another friend Rob offered me a an exercise to work each day. During quiet time I should picture little PAC Men attacking my tumors and taking them away. This is another thing I will add to my daily activities.

8/14/08 - This was another great day. I worked from home, exercised, played guitar, and did my PAC Man imagining session. I felt so good today that I actually took a field trip on my own to St. Francis de Sales and attended a Church meeting

8/15/08 - I had a follow up appointment and Hackensack Hospital. I was advised by Judy and Dr. Feldman (Dr. Goy's partner) that my white cell counts are officially in the poop-er (this is a medical term for being very, very low). I am still feeling great and continuing my daily activities. I just need to watch where I go being I am very susceptible infection. I also received a chemo push today. This may tire me out for the next couple of days.

The amount of people who have been praying for me has been overwhelming and very much appreciated.

My next appointment is Tuesday, August 19th.

More to come...


http://mantlecell.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

WalterBT said...

Hi Rich, I hope you remember me,Walter Thomas. I bought your black Fender Custom Tele and Crate amp a few years back. I also sat at your table at Kevin's daughter Nicole's wedding. When Kevin told me about your fight, I told my Pastor and we have been praying for you every day at Mt. Bethel Baptist Church in Ridgewood. (I've been playing that black Tele almost every Sunday at Mt. Bethel for the last 4 years. it is a blessing for me.) I will be taking Larry's advice also. I've been lagging in my playing lately. Praying Your Strength in Christ,

Walter
(Keep on pickin' and pluckin' for Jesus!)