Monday, December 16, 2013

Day +19

12/16/13 – I had another good day at the John Theurer Cancer Center. My WBC count is up to 5.2 and my platelets are 239. 

Regarding me feeling anemic, my Red Blood Cells were up to 3.27 (normal range is 4.70 – 6.10) and my Hemoglobin count was up to 10.1 (normal range is 14.0 – 18.0). This will go a long way in reducing any anemia I have experienced. The even better news is that my body is doing all of this on its own… without the help of any kind of infusions.

On top of that, making a good day a great one, my triple lumen catheter was removed today. It certainly served its purpose but having the tubes hanging from your shoulder does get annoying after a while… but now I am free from that.

As they were getting ready to remove the catheter, Dr. Donato said, 
“Now let’s make sure that you don’t go crazy doing things, after all you are still a baby.” 
True I am still a baby, but I am a very blessed one.

My next appointment at the Cancer Center is Thursday, December 19th.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
John 10:10

More to come…

No comments: