Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Power of Prayer

12/8/13 – Yesterday my WBC count was 0.2 after my first neupogen shot. Today my counts climbed to 1.2 after my second shot. 

Do you know what that means? For one thing it means that my new immune system has en-grafted with me. This also means that I get to go home today.

I will have to be at the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center on Tuesday, December 10th to get Rituxan as an outpatient.

I have really done well with this first step of my stem cell transplant. Part of it is due to my doctors and nurses who really know what they are doing. The other part of it is that I truly know how many people that have been praying for me and prayer is VERY POWERFUL. All I can say to all of you who prayed for me is THANK YOU!!!

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
Matthew 21:22 

More to come…

4 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Rich.
My brother Barry has Mantle Cell Lymphoma too and has recently begun chemotherapy. I've been giving him strength training
sessions via Skype with relaxation and
singing at the end (today was Bruce and
James Taylor).
Your blog is an inspiration, and I wish you
strength and renewed good health. Sounds
like you have lots of love!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the great progress.

Eugene & the crew at work

Rich Franco said...

Hi Anne,
I am sorry to hear about your brother’s MCL diagnosis. There is no question that it is difficult to hear. I will certainly keep him in my prayers.
I truly love that you are using Skype to have relaxation sessions with him. Your choices of Bruce and James Taylor are awesome. It is obvious that you are a wonderful sister.You will be a huge help to his recovery.
Please pass on my best wishes to your brother and that if he keeps positive that mantle cell lymphoma is a very passable road. It’s just a bump in the road of life.
Rich

Rich Franco said...

Hey Eugene and the gang at work,

I miss you all and I am looking forward to getting back to work... although it is still not clear when that will be. This is a process that I learn more about everyday. The great news is I am out of the hospital which mean I completed step 1.

Thanks!!!!!!

Rich