Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day +6 from Transplant

12/3/13 – Today I will be getting a dose of Rituxan. In addition I will get Methotrexate (which I also had on Day +1 and Day +3).

The process seems to be progressing just fine. The rest of my time in the hospital will consist of:
  • Starting Neupogen on Day +9
  • Methotrexate on Day +11
  • Rituxan on Day + 13
 So you may be wondering, when do I get to go home? Really the key is my white blood cell counts and avoiding getting an infection. My WBC count must be at least 1.o for me to be released. As of yesterday I was still zero (which is normal for where I am in the process). I have to believe that once I start getting Neupogen that my counts show rise fairly quickly (at least that is the hope).  My hospital stay calendar is showing that there is a possibility that the Rituxan I get on Day +13 could actually be as an outpatient. Boy, would that be great or what? The key is that I need to be patient and let the process run its course and when I get out of here… I get out of here. I guess there is a reason they call us “patients”.

Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret, it leads only to evildoing. For evildoers will be cut off, But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.
Psalm 37:7-9

More to come…

No comments: