Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Transplant Day

11/26/13 – I must say that I didn't sleep that well last night. It is probably due to the combination of anxiety, excitement, and the million other things that were going through my brain in anticipation for my Stem Cell Transplant that I will get today.

Yesterday I did get my doses of ATG and Rituximab with a whole bunch of pre-meds. 

With all of that I did have a chance to play my guitar and even put on a small ad hoc concert for some of my nurses… which was a blast. This brings me back to an old thought about living in the moment. Often in things like cancer treatment you hear people tell you to take things a day at a time, but in truth it is a moment at a time. Enjoy the moment!

I still do not know what time my transplant will be. I have heard that there will be a total of 5 allo transplants today so I guess it depends where I fall on the schedule. In truth the process is very simple. It is like getting a blood or platelet infusion. They just have to watch me to make sure I do not have a bad reaction to it. The expectation is that I will take in well and sleep the rest of the day away.

I do feel good and positive and I have my full trust in the healing powers of God. 
Today will be a good day.

Here is a link to a great song by Jeremy Camp called "Carried Me". Enjoy!

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

No comments: